Publisher Commercial Manager
The role’s responsibility is to be the main contact person for a specific portfolio of publishers at DMS. This is a strategic and collaborative role, where the candidate will be the main spokesperson and representative of their portfolio internally and in market.
JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES & OBJECTIVES:
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key publisher, serving as the main point of contact between dms and publisher
- Assist in developing a publisher strategy which covers dynamics, trend analysis, competition & forecasted revenue numbers with quarterly assessments and revisions
- Weekly tracking of sales pipeline and conversion across markets
- Build and execute go-to-market initiatives that drive awareness and understanding of dms publisher audience
- In partnership with our Product Marketing team, develop a roadmap for the publisher go-to-market initiatives and large client partnerships
- Shape pitch narratives in collaboration with creative and sales teams to improve our win rate and renewal rate with clients
- Partner with the sales team to create scalable packages throughout the year leveraging key events across markets
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate with content department to support proposals pushed to Sales department and project handling
- Create media kits and other key marketing material
- Analysis of competitor publishers (STATEX, Narrative etc.) to be shared with internal teams
- Facilitate publisher meetings with external parties (roadshow, clients, agencies)
- Optimizing revenue streams in collaboration with programmatic/ yield team, audience team and performance team
OBJECTIVES AND RELATED JOB RESULTS (NUMERICAL DATA)
- Achieving yearly set publisher target by market
- Converting key moments of the year by publisher
- Pushing and closing proactive opportunities across different industries
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE/ EXPERIENCE/ TRAINING/ QUALIFICATIONS
- Strategic, consultative experience with 5+ years from a sales/ agency or international publishing background
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is preferable
- Specific knowledge:
- Strong ability to multitask, prioritize and take instant informed decisions
- Very familiar with PowerPoint and storytelling approach
- MS Excel skills is a must
- Detail-oriented and dependable
- Strong analytics, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Mathematical Skills: Good level of capability to work on creative ideas, apply them to practical solutions
- Language Skills: Fluent in English and Arabic. Arabic is a must
- Reasoning Ability: Demonstrated ability to define Brand campaign objectives and approach them creatively
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with all levels of management as well as sales teams to clearly communicate business goals and results
Customer Service Orientation
- Goes beyond the normal requirements of the job where needed.
- Is receptive to feedback to minimize/eliminate errors and produce a high-quality service.
Initiative and Commitment to Achieve
- Is proactive by exhibiting high personal energy and getting things done.
- Plans and completes work without waiting to be prompted to do so.
- Takes actions and decisions as appropriate, without constantly referring to the boss.
- Demonstrates a ‘can-do’ attitude to meet challenges.
OTHER RELEVANT COMPETENCIES
- Answers questions of publisher knowledge readily and accurately without reference or knows where/who to refer to.
- Sets clear personal development targets focusing both on behavioral and creative enhancements.
- Identifies the skills and knowledge required for the future and takes steps to develop these in self and others.
- Remains responsive when plans and requirements are constantly changing.